Plasma & flame surface treaters clean, etch and functionalize surfaces to improve bonding with adhesives, inks, coatings and paints. Dyne level and contact angle are commonly used to measure treatment effectiveness. Today, new automated scientific diagnostics are used to identify a more useful measurement: surface free energy, including polar and dispersive components.
Experts on surface treating and adhesion from KRÜSS Scientific Instruments and Enercon join forces for a comprehensive look at measuring how plasma & flame treating modify surface free energy and promote adhesion.
This 60-minute webinar covers the following topics:
- Why surface preparation is essential for adhesion
- Characterizing surfaces to understand its surface free energy – including the polar & dispersive components
- Determining the characterization of liquids to optimize bonding with substrates
- How the Work of Adhesion tool predicts long-term liquid & surface interaction
- Discrepancies between dyne values and surface free energy
Access to the webinar includes both the recorded presentation and the presentation slides.
About the Presenters:
KRÜSS Scientific is a global market leader of surface science instrumentation with a wide product portfolio, including software-controlled measuring technologies for contact angle, static and dynamic measurement of surface and interfacial tension, and foam analysis. Enercon Industries offers the industry’s widest range of in-line surface treating technologies including plasma, corona and flame.