The Dyne-A-Mite VCP™ delivers exceptional treatment for difficult to treat applications.
This method blends air (O2, N2) with other gases that deposit various chemical groups on the substrate surface to improve its surface energy. Variable chemistry plasma treatment is essentially an etching and functionalizing process that provides different surface characteristics depending on the gas chemistry employed.
Variable chemistry plasma allows for easier application and improved adhesion of coatings, adhesives, inks, labels and markings of all types. In-line treatment eliminates the need for costly chemical priming, etching and vacuum processes.
Dyne-A-Mite VCP™ is highly effective at treating and cleaning all types of polymers, elastomers and glass surfaces. It treats extruded, pultruded, molded and formed materials. Treatment is ideal for PE, PP, PET, nylon, vinyl, polystyrene, polycarbonate, PVC and all other types of thermoformed and thermoset plastics.
Typical converting applications include pre-treatment of plastics for gluing, pre-treatment of plastics for finishing and pre-treatment before printing. It is also ideal for glass cleaning, cleaning/activation of lens surfaces prior to coatings, removal of any adsorbed surface monolayers of contaminants, sterilization of microbiological culture dishes, sport shoe components (EPDM, Neoprene), cell phone jackets (ABS/PC) and more.
How variable chemistry plasma treating works
Variable chemistry plasma is formed using basic principles found in air-plasma and flame plasma treatment. Much like an air-plasma field, a chemistry plasma field is generated in an electrically charged atmosphere. Instead of air this method relies on other gases that deposit various chemical groups on the substrate surface to improve its surface energy.
Variable chemistry plasma treatment is essentially a fine etching process that provides different surface characteristics depending on the gas chemistry employed.
Variable chemistry plasma systems are the most gentle and advanced of the technologies and are ideal for delicate and hard-to-treat materials.
- Easy Operation - front panel mounting of all controls and indicators with simple power ON/OFF and treatment START/STOP buttons
- Remote Start/Stop - terminals available for customer supplied start and stop push buttons
- Variable chemistry flexibility - capable of two gas mixtures featuring rotometers and a built in pressure regulator for the primary gas.
- Safety - terminals are provided for external interlock to ensure safe operation.
- Communication interface cable - for remote operation, loss of treatment indicator, safety and operational interlocks
- Advanced protective circuitry - monitors and protects against over current, under power and low air flow.
- Virtually No Maintenance - the Dyne-A-Mite HP allows you to concentrate on production, not maintenance
||120V, 7 Amps
240V, 3.5 Amps
Treater Setup Distance & Dwell Time Recommendations
For consistent treatment results with the Dyne-A-Mite™ VCP, it is important to follow Enercon's setup recommendations. Learn more about these guidelines
Enercon power generators and stations are designed to operate in a maximum ambient temperature of 40°C (104°F) @ 80% relative humidity, non-condensing.